Main Article Content
Main Article Content
This article is directed primarily at how clinical trials can be ethically conducted in the midst of the current global COVID-19 pandemic. We explain why ethical issues are more complicated than they once were. Furthermore, we discuss the relevant parties` roles in protecting participants` rights and in keeping basic research ethics of justice, respect, equity, and beneficence strongly implemented on the ground.
- Moorthy V, Restrepo H, Preziosi MP, Swaminathan S. Data sharing for novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Bull World Health Organ. 2020; 98: 150. http://dx.doi.org/10.2471/BLT.20.251561
- Angus DC. Optimizing the trade-off between learning and doing in a pandemic. Epub ahead of print, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2020.4984)JAMA
- Park YR, Koo H, Yoon YK, Park S, Lim Y-S, Baek S, et al. Expedited Safety Reporting to Sponsors Through the Implementation of an Alert System for Clinical Trial Management at an Academic Medical Center: Retrospective Design Study. JMIR Med Inform. 2020;8(2): e14379. https://doi.org/2196/14379.
- Bae J, Lee J, Jang Y, Lee Y. Development of simulation education debriefing protocol with faculty guide for enhancement clinical reasoning. BMC Med Educ. 2019;19(1):197. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-019-1633-8.
- Cox EM, Edmund AV, Kratz E, Lockwood SH, Shankar A. Regulatory Affairs 101: Introduction to Expedited Regulatory Pathways. Clin Transl Sci. 2020;13(3):451‐ https://doi.org/10.1111/cts.12745. Epub 2020 Feb 6.
- Rivenbark JG, Ichou M. Discrimination in healthcare as a barrier to care: experiences of socially disadvantaged populations in France from a nationally representative survey. BMC Public Health. 2020;20(1):31. https://doi.org/1186/s12889-019-8124-z
- Arsenijevic J, Tummers L, Bosma N. Adherence to Electronic Health Tools Among Vulnerable Groups: Systematic Literature Review and Meta-Analysis. J Med Internet Res. 2020;22(2): e11613. https://doi.org/2196/11613
- Plotkin S, Robinson JM, Cunningham G, Iqbal R, Larsen S. The complexity and cost of vaccine manufacturing: An overview. Vaccine. 2017;35(33):4064–71. https://doi.org/1016/j.vaccine.2017.06.003.
- Deming D. Do extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence? Philosophia (Ramat Gan). 2016;44(4):1319‐ https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2011.00117
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.