Main Article Content
Main Article Content
The menace of Coronavirus Disease-19 (COVID-19) has made life more and more challenging throughout the world. Amidst these difficult times, doctors have proved their exceptional worth. They have performed their duties with notable dedication, diligence, resilience, and compassion. Here we share our experiences from the State of Rajasthan in Northern India. We were benefitted by very early lockdown by the Government, preventive strategies of containment, and the most effective contact tracing program. The creation of hundreds of surveillance teams and rapid response teams (RRT) was instrumental for the containment program. This was coupled with outstanding medical care exemplified by Sawai Man Singh Medical College Hospital (SMSMCH) at Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan. The mortality rate-limiting to 1.98% in Rajasthan has been an outcome of the amalgamation of brisk administrative action, government support, and visionary action and the best of health care facilities. Our COVID-19 management program strategy was based on the advanced treatment guidelines from the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, India, and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Gao Y, Li T, Han M, Li X, Wu D, Xu Y, et al. Diagnostic utility of clinical laboratory data determinations for patients with the severe COVID-19. J Med Virol. 2020;92(7):791-796. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmv.25770.
- Covid-19 data for Rajasthan, India. Available from: https://www.covid19india.org/state/RJ. [Accessed on 17 July 2020].
- Clinical Management Protocol: Covid-19. Version 5, 03/07/20. Available from: http://www.rajswasthya.nic.in/PDF/COVID%20-19/FOR%20HOSPITALS/03.07.2020.pdf. [Accessed on 17 July 2020]
- Brown BL, McCullough J. Treatment for emerging viruses: Convalescent plasma and COVID-19. Transfus Apher Sci. 2020;59(3):102790. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.transci.2020.102790.
- Bhatnagar T, Murhekar MV, Soneja M, Gupta N, Giri S, Wig N, et al. Lopinavir/ritonavir combination therapy amongst symptomatic coronavirus disease 2019 patients in India: Protocol for restricted public health emergency use. Indian J Med Res. 2020;151(2 & 3):184-189. https://doi.org/10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_502_20.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.