Main Article Content
Main Article Content
In light of escalating rates of COVID-19 cases, the world stands stunned. The health, social, and global economic situation continues to deteriorate. The seriousness of the situation became evident to most people, yet no one had a radical solution. Scientifically, there is no sure treatment for viral infections other than strengthening the immune system. Therefore, the idea of a vaccine is the most appropriate to reduce infections. However, vaccines will not be accessible to everyone, considering the genetic changes that the virus may create later. The idea of re-imposing a global quarantine, with international leadership for a limited period, is emerging as a strategic alternative, on the condition that it should be launched simultaneously in all countries of the world. To ensure the quarantine's success, all countries must adhere to the comments of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- World Health Organization, Novel Coronavirus 2019-nCoV) SITUATION REPORT –1, 21 JANUARY 2020. Available from: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200121-sitrep-1-2019-ncov.pdf [Accessed on 08 October 2020].
- Fani M, Teimoori A, Ghafari S. Comparison of the COVID-2019 (SARS-CoV-2) pathogenesis with SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV infections. Future Virol. 2020:10.2217/fvl-2020-0050. https://doi.org/10.2217/fvl-2020-0050
- Ali Jadoo, SA. Was the world ready to face a crisis like COVID-19? Journal of Ideas in Health2020;3(1):123-4. https://doi.org/10.47108/jidhealth.Vol3.Iss1.45
- Worldometer, Coronavirus Cases. Available from: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/? [Accessed on 08 October 2020]
- Cyranoski D. Profile of a killer: the complex biology powering the coronavirus pandemic. Nature, 04 MAY 2020. Available from: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01315-7 [Accessed on 08 October 2020].
- CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Considerations for Wearing Masks Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html [Accessed on 08 October 2020].
- Atalan A. Is the lockdown important to prevent the COVID-9 pandemic? Effects on psychology, environment and economy-perspective. Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2020; 56:38-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amsu.2020.06.010.
- Gewin V. On the front lines of the coronavirus-vaccine battle. Nature; 2020 Apr 16. Available from: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01116-y [Accessed on 08 October 2020].
- Lauer SA, Grantz KH, Bi Q, Jones FK, Zheng Q, Meredith HR, Azman AS, Reich NG, Lessler J. The Incubation Period of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) From Publicly Reported Confirmed Cases: Estimation and Application. Ann Intern Med. 2020;172(9):577-582. https://doi.org/10.7326/M20-0504.
- Acter T, Uddin N, Das J, Akhter A, Choudhury TR, Kim S. Evolution of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic: A global health emergency. Sci Total Environ. 2020; 730:138996. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.138996.
- Ali Jadoo SA. COVID -19 pandemic is a worldwide typical biopsychosocial crisis. Journal of Ideas in Health2020;3(2):152-4. https://doi.org/10.47108/jidhealth.Vol3.Iss2.58.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.